UNSHAVED HAIR TRANSPLANT METHOD
In unshaven hair transplantation, hair follicles are taken from the nape area by means of micro motors. Therefore, the hair does not need to be shaved. Thus, patients who do not want it to be known that they have had hair transplantation prefer this technique with peace of mind. Unshaven hair transplantation can be applied to our patients where the areas where unshaven hair follicles will be taken and transplanted are suitable.
UNSHAVED HAIR TRANSPLANTATION METHODS
Hair transplantation method, which is shaved invisibly: In people with long hair, a small window is opened between the two ears on the back of the head and the hair follicles are removed.
Unshaven hair transplantation method: Hair transplantation technique in which the donor and the area to be transplanted are done without shaving.
We can mention that there are various limitations in the application of both of these techniques. There are certain criteria for this type of hair transplantation. If a patient has severe hair loss and a hair transplant operation with 3,000 – 4,000 grafts is needed, it is not possible to perform unshaven hair transplantation. Depending on the condition of the patient, a maximum of 1000 – 2800 grafts can be planned in unshaven hair transplantation.
DHI or FUE Techniques are used in unshaven hair transplantation.
ADVANTAGES OF UNSHAVED HAIR TRANSPLANT
- Hair is not shaved in any way.
- As in other unshaven hair transplantation, it is important that the hair is long, but here the length is not 6-7 cm, this transplantation can be performed on people with shorter hair.
- Since the area where the hair is collected will be covered homogeneously with other hairs, it is almost impossible to see.
- Since very few hair follicles will be transplanted in the operation, the recovery will be much faster accordingly.
DISADVANTAGES OF UNSHAVED HAIR TRANSPLANTATION
- The most important disadvantage of this operation is that it requires a very high level of experience and expertise.
- The number of hair follicles that can be taken in a single session is quite limited. This makes it impossible to make a dense-looking planting.
- Shock shedding will be seen in the same way after the operation.
- It is a time-consuming operation.
- Compared to other plantings, the cost can be much higher.
Frequently Asked Questions
In order to understand your suitability for hair transplantation, you must go through a doctor's evaluation. Your doctor will direct you to a hair transplant attempt or other treatment options after performing the necessary analysis. Tests to be Done Before Hair Transplantation, Determination of Blood Type, CBC (Complete Blood Count), Biochemistry (routine), PTZ-APTT (Coagulation), PT-PTT-INR (Coagulation test), HBs Ag, Anti HBC, Anti HIV. As a result of these tests, your suitability for hair transplantation is understood. On the other hand, if there is no skin disease in the hairy area, it should be treated. Your suitability for hair transplantation is examined by a specialist in our polyclinic.
Since hair transplantation is performed under local anesthesia or with sedation, pain is not felt. Here, the patient's pain threshold is also important. A slight pain is felt during anesthesia. After anesthesia, the patient does not feel any pain.
Hair transplantation is a process that takes between 6 and 8 hours.
The transplanted hair starts to fall out within 15 days. The patient recovers. From the 3rd month, the hair starts to grow slowly. However, in 5-6 months, most of the hair will come out. Hair growth and thickening continue for up to 1 year.
Since the donor area for hair transplantation is the area coded not to fall out, the hair taken from that area and transplanted to the top and front area will not shed for life.